Live Fully at Marriott International – #1 Leader in Hospitality
At Marriott International, you have the opportunity to grow in your career, work with teammates that feel like family, and help make our world a better place.
The Sheraton Phoenix Downtown, located at 340 N 3rd St, Phoenix, AZ, 85004 is currently hiring a Director of Human Resources Operations.Responsibilities include:
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.
Executes strategies that serve to attract, retain and develop diverse premiere talent. Position directs and works with human resource employees on recruitment, total compensation, employee relations and training and development. Executes against objectives outlined in the Human Resource Business Plan and delivers services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success. Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as Standard Operating Procedures.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
• Ensures terminated employee files are retained for the required length of time.
• Ensures compliance on all human resource audits.
• Ensures proper documentation of all progressive disciplinary action is kept in employee file.
• Ensures compliance with key policies (e.g., Sexual Harassment, Non-Harassment, Non-Discrimination, No Solicitation).
• Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims.
• Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures Guarantee of Fair Treatment policy is consistently followed and proper documentation is maintained on all disciplinary issues.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably and that issues are brought to resolution.
• Administers property policies fairly and consistently.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
Managing Human Resources Communication
• Communicates changes to the benefit plans in a timely manner.
• Communicates property rules and regulations via an employee handbook.
• Coaches managers on progressive discipline process.
Managing Staffing and Employee Development Activities
• Participates in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resources employee team members.
• Ensures performance evaluations and merit increase paperwork are maintained in employee files.
• Manages performance appraisal process (e.g., ensures reviews are conducted in a timely manner, increases are processed quickly, and management performance appraisal is completed).
Maintaining Employee Relations
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Utilizes an “open door” policy to address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
• Ensures effective employee communication channels are established and active in departments.
• Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with their team members.
• Strives to improve employee retention.
• Monitors work environment for signs of union organization.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Organizes Spirit to Serve Our Communities events.
Apply now at : https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/22165293?lang=en-us/
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others.
Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.