Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year college degree.
- Group sales experience.
Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing (e.g., filing, sending emails, typing, copying).
Prepare sales-related documents throughout the sales process (e.g., proposals, contracts,).
Promote awareness of brand image externally.
Gather materials and assemble information packages (e.g., brochures, promotional materials).
Use sales techniques that maximize sales. Enter, retrieve, reconcile, and verify information (e.g., commissions, leads)
Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events).
Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Works w to create and implement marketing plan addressing revenue, customers, and market.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise because of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
Building Successful Relationships
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings through sales calls, entertainment.
- Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand the information.
- Ability to offer attractive presentations
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply, and demand etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program of sales.